GuidePedia

0
Today, 8 days in advance of Remembrance Day, I got something very, very special placed in my mailbox.

It was a newspaper, wrapped in a letter, tied with red ribbon. It almost looked like a scroll.



When I opened it fully and read the letter I started to cry. I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

Here's why:




















The Grade 6 students at Harry Balfour School know the importance of Remembrance Day and want to share this small gift with you. What Remembrance Day means to me....

It means take a moment of silence and bow your head. Remember all the soldiers that gave up their lives for us.  We are thankful for a country without war.
November 11 means respect.
William



Well William, I want to thank you, your fellow students, your teachers and who ever gifted you with the newspapers to give out.  

You all represent what is good in and about our country. 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Belt Drive Betty
Editor & Rider
Proud Supporter Member of the C.A.V.
Member, Ladies Aux, Unit 389 ANAVETS




Post a Comment

 
Top